The Mission of the parish of St. Mary’s by the Sea Episcopal Church is to proclaim God’s presence and grace in the world and spread the Word of the Lord. We strive to live by the Great Commandment: to love the Lord our God with all our hearts and minds and souls, and to love our neighbors as ourselves. We continually strive to make sure our programs and activities further these goals.
St. Mary’s is a spiritual community where all people are welcome, where all can grow in their understanding and experience of God, revealed through Jesus Christ, and where all can discover and develop their own unique ministries in the world.
With intentionality and commitment, we:
- Provide tradition-based and varied worship for all
- Celebrate the diversity of God’s people by being open and welcoming to all
- Provide Christian education programs for children and youth
- Provide opportunities for spiritual growth and renewal
- Strive to be a friendly community-oriented gathering place
- Strengthen and support parish families, couples, singles and elders
- Maintain an effective, well-managed organization
- Cherish our historic buildings and grounds and our natural environment
- Create and support activities for community service, outreach and social justice
- Sustain these programs with facilities and resources for generations to come